Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Books 1-4

So this blog is mainly for me, but all who find it are welcome to say hi and share thoughts. I wanted a way to keep track of the books I've read, of books I want to read and quotes that I've gathered from them that mean something to me.

I've been severely slacking this year in my book reading. Here it is, October of 2009, and I've only read 4 books to speak of. Coincidentally, 4 books that I had promised I would never look at - much less read.

They are the Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer. I have to admit - they were fantastic. Her style of writing is so intense and real. I've never found myself holding my breath for an entire chapter before. I didn't realize I was doing it at the time until I forced myself to look up, breathing instinctively, and realizing that my vision was severely impaired by a cloud at the edges. Lack of oxygen, I expect.

I would absolutely read anything that this woman writes. Any time. The Host is definately on my list of books to read very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment