Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Book 10

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

I opened this book and was dissapointed to see that it was not written by the original author. I should have noticed when I got it at the library, but I was in a trance from the title and didn't pay attention.

This book is what I assume the movie is really based on. It is the 'abridged' version of the original by S. Morgenstern. From what Mr. Goldman writes when he omits things I'm glad its NOT the original because I'd be wishing I could put the darn book down(but wouldn't because of a rule I have with myself: Always finish a book I start, even if I don't like it - there is always a chance for finding something that could change your life).

This is one of my favorites stories, now in book form as well as movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment